Got started on my daughter’s birthday tile today. I have started to make my daughters an 8″ birthday square featuring the initial of their first names instead of sending a birthday card. Hopefully they will one day have a collection of them to do something with. This is the one I started today for my older daughter’s July birthday:
Fusible applique using Steam-a-Seam. I am currently couching down a thick gold thread and then will embellish with some more gold embroidery and beads.
Also made some progress on the Joan Elliott 2014 Stitch-Along
And played with some colouring of the piece of fmq I did the other morning. Colours have been applied with Sharpie markers. I plan to use this as background for postcards.
So not too bad a result considering it’s been one of those days. I spent what seemed like hours (actually it really was hours!) playing around with a machine embroidery I bought which my embroidery machine refuses to read. I’ve put the question out there – hopefully some kind person will come back with a suggestion of what might be going wrong…